Welcome!

Welcome to the 37th parallel. We are an alien abduction site based in the fictional town of Brightwood Kansas. For more about the site please check out the links above to look through all our info or ask in the cbox. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Current Events!

Now accepting applications for Human abductees only

M Aug 21 - Eclipse Festival on Old Sky Ave

New Mini Profiles - Please Update your account info

Points Claim Now Available

Staff!

Stats!

Human: 19
Humanoid: 0
Hybrid: 0
Reptilian: 0
Grey: 0
Insectoid: 0
Other: 0
Mammalian: 0

Add Reply

[sl] Sometimes We're All Mentally Unsound, TH Aug 17, Morning (Angel + Laura)
Angelo Mayweather
 Posted: Aug 17 2017, 03:39 AM

Angelo Mayweather

/ / Members

He doesn't know how to feel today. On one hand, he's nervous because the doctor has been talking about taking him off one of his meds since he's actually improved. Which makes him worried that it'll end up with him becoming psychotic enemy number one again. On another hand, he's a little hopeful that it'll be one less pill he has to take. He's already on seven, and remembering to take them can be a little tedious.

He swallows, his throat dry from the depokote he took this morning and the twitches in his left bicep muscle won't stop. That's Invega for you. But they work and he'll keep taking them until he doesn't need them anymore. In the mean time, the only way he's going to be a nurse if he stays on them. Same with keeping both his jobs.

The waiting room is quiet, save for the few people on their phones, chatting low or texting despite the no cellphones sign on the wall. The staff and doctors don't seem to care, they never tell anyone get off them but it's not even out of respect that he keeps his cellphone on vibrate. It's more to the point that he has barely any friends because he's been mostly isolated for years. He'd check ifunny but he's too wound up to really find anything remotely laughable at the moment.

Well, maybe he should laugh at his jittery right leg, bouncing up and down like an Olympic sport or the fact that he's keeping his head down as a means to not engage in conversation with those around him. He's always afraid he'll say something stupid especially when he's candidly honest and sometimes doesn't know when to say the right thing.

He just wants Dr. Evans to get to him, but she's running behind schedule.
PM
^
Laura Braxton
 Posted: Aug 17 2017, 04:18 AM

Laura Braxton

Teagan / Human / Members

Laura was in such a rush that morning she was still shoving big chunks of banana bread in her face when she burst in the door to Meridian Behavioral Health Center's waiting room. In the same moment, her toe caught the threshold and nearly sent her face first into the cold linoleum floor. She just narrowly escaped that fate and the hot coffee that flew out of her cup and somehow managed to plop right back in.

If you counted nurses and inpatients passing through the halls, about fifteen pairs of eyes jolt upwards to gawk at her, and she could feel them all boring into her. She cringed and raised her hands in apology to the scowling receptionist.

She wrapped what was left of her breakfast in a napkin and stuffed it in her purse before sinking into a chair in the corner, and smiled awkwardly at the guy next to her.
PMEmail
^
Angelo Mayweather
 Posted: Aug 17 2017, 03:09 PM

Angelo Mayweather

/ / Members

His eyes turned discreetly to see someone in his vision, a woman by the dress code and build. He watched as she shoved something in her purse and when took a seat next to him, he felt uncomfortable for just a moment before he relaxed. He was getting better at that.

He could hear someone further down the lobby hissing into their phone like an angry snake, like Satan hurled down to Earth with a limited time. His dry throat swallowed, had to do it twice so he could get the saliva down. Clearing his throat, deep and scratchy, he turned his sight on the woman, head still down like he wanted to curl into himself and let the Earth swallow him up but he spoke anyway. "Carrying illegal drugs in there?," he asked, nodding his head toward the purse.

Because that was a perfect conversation starter. Hey. You do drugs? I don't. I'm just wondering. but he didn't believe even for a second she had any. She didn't look the type. What would he know though? No one looks the type, until you see a needle sticking out of their arm, overdosed and needing narcamed..
PM
^
Laura Braxton
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 04:09 AM

Laura Braxton

Teagan / Human / Members

She took another sip of her coffee and settled in, ready to get this over with. Rehashing the most painful events of her life wasn't exactly her favorite pastime. It was a necessary evil though.

The waiting room quickly reverted back to a dull roar of people dealing with their own problems and living their own lives, and then the guy next to her piped up. Laura almost choked on her coffee.

"Yeah," she snorted, "Why, you want some?"

Meanwhile, she tucked her purse under her chair, but not before sneaking another bite of banana bread. She tore off another piece and held it out in offering to her new acquaintance.
PMEmail
^
Angelo Mayweather
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 07:50 PM

Angelo Mayweather

/ / Members

He gave a little smile at her joking right back. He couldn't help but feel glad she hadn't taken him seriously. Usually he stuck his foot in his mouth and ended up with people angry at him or weirded out by him, when he actually tried to start up conversation.

"Sure," he answered as smoothly as possible, but there was still a little nervousness in his voice. "Haven't had any delicious whacky cracky since I woke up."

He looked away for a moment, then realized her hand was near his face. He turned his head again and stared at the piece of banana bread. He took it carefully, with a shy smile as he looked up at her and put it to his mouth, taking a little bite. "I haven't had any of this since I was ...," he trailed off, trying not to think of his mother in the kitchen, walking around and getting sweets baked for Saturday's potluck at the church.

He winced a little and took another bite, chewing and swallowing. It was heaven to his tastebuds. "What are you in for?"
PM
^
Laura Braxton
 Posted: Aug 19 2017, 01:24 AM

Laura Braxton

Teagan / Human / Members

"No big deal really," a soft melodic chuckle escaped her throat, "I made a big batch this weekend." Laura loved baking. It was soothing when times were hard to put her mind to a task, especially when that task ended in something delicious to indulge in. Banana bread was one of her favorites too. Her grandmother had taught her the recipe when she was little.

She heard the slight tremble in his voice, and she could tell how much effort it took to smile back at her. Maybe she was just projecting, but she could definitely relate. She was grateful to see him relax and accept her offering, even if it was only for a brief moment. It was enough that she felt like she could lower her guard a little bit and breathe a little easier. Then again, it was always easier to get chummy with strangers than it was with someone who actually knew her.

When he asked why she was there, she just smirked. No need to delve into the gory details. They only made people uncomfortable anyway, so she made something up.

She leaned in and whispered "I got caught having an orgy in Summit Park."

Laughter lit up her eyes. Maybe she wasn't as worried about making people uncomfortable as she thought. She sat back and told him in the most casual tone she could muster, "Judge said it was this or jail. How 'bout you?"
PMEmail
^
Angelo Mayweather
 Posted: Aug 19 2017, 02:00 AM

Angelo Mayweather

/ / Members

He couldn't help but smile at her laughter. It was sweet, kind, nice. "I don't do much baking... but I can cook pretty well. My Grandma taught me well. I just could never get a good hold on baking. I either burn everything or it turns out cruddy. so, I just buy pies and cookies at the store." He would live off canned goods and freezer food otherwise, he'd probably be round and fat too, so thank god for big favors.

He couldn't help thinking her smirk spoke of confidence, but he didn't really know her, so he couldn't be sure. Sometimes, people put on an air of confidence to appear alright with the world when they really weren't. Though, he couldn't even find it in himself to do that. Faking confidence was too daunting a task and he hated people expecting great things from him.

His eyes widened just a little, but he knew it was a lie a split second later. He laughed, eyes crinkling at the corners, deep, whiskey rough and a bit booming. He always hated his laugh, it sounded like sinful pride and fat bottomed country villain. At least to his ears. "That's all? You got it easy. I'm here because I dress up in dampers, onesies and like to be bottle fed. Something about my inner child and too much responsibility making me revert."

It was, of course, a lie. There was a twinkle in his eye as he took the last bite and savored it.
PM
^
Laura Braxton
 Posted: Aug 20 2017, 03:36 PM

Laura Braxton

Teagan / Human / Members

The laughter boiled forward and prompted another dirty look from the receptionist. Laura rolled her eyes, like she would be here in the first place if she were even capable of behaving like a calm quiet normal human being. Wasn't that kind of this point?

She leaned in again, at least making an effort to keep her tone low key and asked her new friend, "Hey, what's up with little miss sunshine over there? I don't think I've ever seen her smile. Have you?" The remark may have been a little catty on her part, but that didn't make it any less true. Or did it? Maybe it was all in her head.

Technically, she had been in therapy for year now, but most of the time she made excuses and avoided coming out at all costs. She hated the feeling that everyone in the room was judging her for her problems. Never mind the fact that they all had their own problems that brought them in. That was completely irrelevant.
PMEmail
^
Angelo Mayweather
 Posted: Aug 21 2017, 12:21 AM

Angelo Mayweather

/ / Members

He noted the dirty look they received. Sometimes the staff here weren't too keen on noise, which made no sense. The people here, including him and this woman were here to have a little more laeughter in their lives or they wouldn't be here in the first place. He wiped a hand over his face, flushing a little in embarrassment anyway, directing his eyes toward the ground instead and the laughter from him died down.

Pursing his lips, he focused on the floor and double blinked with the pretty eyed woman's next words. "What?," he whispered, confused. But then it hit him. "Oh...," he trailed off, pondering rather he should discreetly look at the person she was referring to.

Something about the situation told him to at least appease her, so he looked over at unsuspiciously as he could and noted the drawn down, glum look on the woman's face. She didn't look like she had seen good days and his heart twinged in sympathy for her. "Maybe someone ate her puppy. I hear they're good for grilling this time of year and people usually lose they're pounders around this time. Bet it was a golden retriever. They taste like porkchops and bacon."
PM
^
Laura Braxton
 Posted: Aug 26 2017, 12:54 AM

Laura Braxton

Teagan / Human / Members

Laura flinched a little at that last retort, sensing she had made him uncomfortable. It seemed like she had a way of doing that, of taking things too far. At least he was nice enough to play along though. Whatever demons he was fighting, he clearly had a good heart. Her bright red lips turned up with gratitude.

"Ya know, I had a golden growing up! They're the sweetest dogs! Falcor used curl up on top of my feet every night." She chuckled to herself, "I used to feed him whole packages of lunch meat. My mom would get so pissed!"

Maybe it wasn't the smoothest way to shift to conversation, but she hoped it would put him a little more at ease. "I guessing you're more of a cat person though right?"
PMEmail
^
Angelo Mayweather
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 11:50 PM

Angelo Mayweather

/ / Members

Truthfully, Laura's comment didn't make him feel ill will toward her or think less of her despite not really knowing her but he couldn't help thinking why others judged sometimes, even if they didn't mean to. Including himself. It seemd you couldn't go through life without making snap judgements. It was the way the brain worked. If it was too harsh of a thought, you corrected yourself. At least that's what he did.

"I really hope it wasn't bacon or porkchops. That would have been cannabalism," he said, smirking playfully. "I had a dog when I was a kid too. His name was Russ, a brown lab. I used to feed him peanut butter and peanut ice cream, he loved it but man, did he fart up a storm. I regretted it everytime but then I never stopped giving it to him." He smiled a little, glad for the change of subject, not that he wouldn't joke with her but it was nice to get to know people.

He shrugged, wondering how she got that right. Did he give off cat-man vibes? "I'm a bit of both. I don't have time for a dog, but I do a cat. They're much more independent. He's black and white, half black face, half white face. I call him Phantom. You got any pets?"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

♥ This skin was created by Tom Keen of Shine. The cbox toggle codes and code toggle codes were created by Nicole of Shine.

We do not claim rights to any images used. They are only here for inspiration. All other contents © to its creator.

This board and its setting are a work of fiction. Any similarity to the real world are entirely coincidental.

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
Legends of Turall Ataraxy Our Heroes and Villains The Wall Moorland Manor Demiurge Journey to the Stars Pandora Abstract Reality Age of Heroes Where Dreams go to Die Fairest of them all Sufficient Unto the Day The Four Dimensions The Kingdom Sinsomnia Islands in the Sun All I Wish Mahalo 

RPG-D Shadowplay
Vector Rorupurei The Wicked Within

toggle cbox